Sunday, November 3, 2013

The world around me

I have been in such a weird state of mind lately.

I feel like everyone around me is going through so much pain and hurt, while nothing seems to be going that way in my personal life.

I feel like every day last week I heard terrible news after terrible news. Each day seemed to be worse than the previous one. And it effected me throughout the day. I feel this huge knot in my stomach right now.

I have so much heartache right now from everyone around me, that I feel like I am the one who received horrible news.

Excuse me for being so emotional over here, but life is serious. I wish there weren't so much pain in the world, but this verse I love so much:

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." --Revelation 21:4

Don't you look forward to that day? The day where there is no pain. There day where there is no heartache. The day where Jesus stands before you embracing you in His loving arms.

But what I've learned in the meantime is that we are to:
Rejoice in our sorrows
Embrace Him in our struggles
Trust Him in our deepest pain
Cling to Him in our  sadness
Rest in Him in our weariness

May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob protect you! -Psalm 20:1

Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock. Isaiah 26:4

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Psalm 62:8

Happy are those who remain faithful under trials, because when they succeed in passing such a test, they will receive as their reward the life which God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

Trusting God in the midst of our pain has to be one of the hardest things to do. I don't even know what that feels like. I've never had anything happen to me like my friends did last week. Today in church during worship, I literally couldn't even get the words out of my mouth. Of course it was the one week we decided to sit in the front row... My eyes bursting with tears and my lips quivering so much I can't even swallow. I felt like God was telling me to just rest in Him in these moments--to just embrace Him while my friends go through so much right now.  I have a friend here who received news that has radically changed her family's life. I couldn't help but think of them during worship this morning because of the words.

If you get a chance, listen to this song: Oceans (Where feet may fail)- Hillsong United

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoZE2RsthRg

Living here on campus has been...different. It's just not the way I thought it'd be. It's harder. I remember us deciding we would move here and praying that God would prepare my heart for these next few years. I looked forward to learning more about God than I had in the three years that I had known Him. Maybe because I have a baby things aren't how I assumed. I feel like my faith is at its weakest. But just in the past week alone, my faith has changed. I've realized that trusting God is really the only thing I can do to get through each day--to cling to His promises. And what I do know is that He will never leave nor forsake me. He loves me--always. Even when my faith is wavering. But Praise God for our struggles. His power is made perfect in our weakness.


The Lord brought to mind a verse I haven't seen in so long.
 "If you are not firm in faith, you will not be firm at all." Isaiah 7:9

He is the only thing to keep you from falling apart. Trust Him.

If I learned anything this week, it would be to treasure your life. Be thankful always and love those around you.






No comments:

Post a Comment