Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Bread Recipe



Guess what time it is??! FALL. 

What's that mean, you ask? I'll tell you. The leaves are changing and the candles are lit. My house smells SO GEWD.(Side note: bought a Pumpkin Harvest Pie candle at Marshalls for only $6!!) 

Now, I'm not much of a pumpkin person, in fact, I've never eaten pumpkin...but I have GOT to share a little suhn' suhn' with you. 

Today, (dreadfully) I went...dare I say it...GROCERY SHOPPING. EW! I tell you what--I LOVE Pinterest because of all of the recipes--SUCH life savers--but once I have to put the recipe into action and get my pregnant butt off the couch to go GET the ingredients, the recipe doesn't sound so appealing anymore...

So, I'm browsing through the store and that cute little Pillsbury Dough Boy caught my eye. What a great tactic the marketing team came up with...they really know how to pull a customer in. They get fools like me!  ANYWAY, so I picked up a box of Pillsbury Pumpkin Quick Bread. 

Before I give away the recipe, you MUST know that this recipe is BANGIN. Like I said, I don't ever eat pumpkin, but I added a little piece of heaven to this bread, and now it's Holy Bread in my book! 

Prepare your taste buds.


Ingredients:

1 cup of water
3 TBS oil
2 eggs
Two handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate chips (not included on recipe box)
1 handful of Reeses Peanut Butter chips (not included on recipe box) 
1 Box of Kleenex (not included on recipe box) 

  1. Heat oven to 375. Generously grease the bottom of 8x4 or 9x5 pan.
  2. Combine mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl. Stir continuously until mix is blended. Pour into greased pan(s).
  3. Bake as directed or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Ladies, you should know this trick by now! Let sit cool for 20 minutes. Loosen edges with knife or metal spatula; remove from pan.
  4. Grab a Kleenex and wipe your tears of joy. This. Bread. Is. AWESOME. 
Helpful Hint: Heat in microwave for 10 seconds and eat with pleasure! 

So good, it's worth bloggin' about! 



2 comments:

  1. come over!! You can have some :) and if you like it, I will bake you and Davy some!

    ReplyDelete